Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kareena inaugurates 'Walk of the Stars' in Mumbai

Bollywood's beautiful actress Kareena Kapoor along with her father Randhir Kapoor inaugurated UTV's 'Walk of the Stars' in Mumbai, which is open to fans of the yesteryear actors, free of charge.

Like Hollywood has its Walk of Fame, now Bollywood has its own Walk of Fame 'Walk of the Stars', said veteran director Madhur Bhandarkar.

During the ceremony, Kareena unveiled her grandfather Raj Kapoor's brass statue on Wednesday. Recalling her childhood days with her grandfather, she said that he was biased towards her elder sister Karisma Kapoor.

"My grandfather Raj Kapoor was biased towards Karisma because both of them had blue eyes. I have green eyes as that of my father," Kareena told reporters.
"During summer seasons he would give two mangoes to Karisma and I would end up getting just one. I had to work hard to please him," she added.

"I am short of words, what more would I ask for. My father and my grandfather had made me who I am. Which girl has got this opportunity guys," she said.
"Kapoors have acting in their veins and blood. I am looking forward to walk down a memory lane. What better gift than this to the 100 years of Indian cinema", she added.

Kareena while sitting on the lap of the statue of her grandfather said: "This is the only lap that Saif would allow me to sit on."

Madhur Bhandarkar joined Kareena in unveiling the signatures of her great grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, Raj Kapoor, Sunil Dutt and Nargis.

No comments:

Post a Comment